5/15/2012- Mix Diskerud At Gent, Wants To Stay There



5/15/2012- In The Mix: Mix Diskerud At Gent, Wants To Stay There
By Ryan Kozlowski
DER JURGEN.COM


Mix Diskerud has stated that he has every intention of staying with AA Gent:

"I've fallen in love with this club, I told my agent and my father that I desperately want to stay here. I learned the city, now also know and am convinced that I myself am in ideal professional environment and that in these conditions I can develop. I learned a lot from this season, although I often started on the bench.

In Stabaek I played the past two seasons almost 60 games in a row, so that was a bit of adjusting. But I can imagine no better environment to play football again next season."


But, has the American U-23 star done enough to make AA Gent want to keep him?

Mix has had only 6 appearances for Gent since being loaned to the club, a step up from Stabaek, in January of 2012.

In comparison, Mix had over 60 appearances in the past two years for Stabaek, appearances that led to caps with the United States senior side; before Diskerud was eventually designated to the U-23 level.

Diskerud believes that he can get more involved for Gent next season and help push them towards European competition.

But, the Norwegian-American has a bit of work left to do as he has failed to even dress for Gent's last two games against Club Brugge and Kortrijk.

Mix's last positive involvement for U-23's, helping an Adu goal to net against Mexico U-23's:

Author : Ryan Kozlowski Blog information

Article 5/15/2012- Mix Diskerud At Gent, Wants To Stay There Published by Ryan Kozlowski on the following date Monday, May 14, 2012 How many comments 1comments: Post info 5/15/2012- Mix Diskerud At Gent, Wants To Stay There
 

1 comments:

  1. I could see Mix making the roster for World Cup 2014 if he can start getting time at Gent. Talented attacker

    ReplyDelete